Calvary Bible Church began in 1959 as a home Bible study group, led by Pastor Al Meinke, a local farmer and Bible school graduate who felt called to reach others for Christ in Bonner Springs. This group grew in number and formed a church, which first met in homes, then in a local rented meeting hall. The present church building at 518 West Insley, was constructed in 1960 under the leadership of Pastor Meinke & his faithful wife, Miriam, using volunteer labor from church members, on 2 lots that were donated by a church member.
Past pastors have been: founding pastor Al Meinke, Rev. Robert Lietzenbarger, Rev. Roy Hoover, Rev. Al Lowe, Rev. Jack Merriam, and current Pastor John Rink.
In recent years the Lord has allowed us to purchase 6.5 acres on Kansas Highway 32 on the western edge of Bonner Springs, where, as He leads, we would eventually desire to erect a new, larger church building.
Our mission has been through the past 50 years and still remains, to share the gospel of Jesus Christ in our community first, and through our missions outreach, with the world. Within our church family, our focus is on growing in our relationships with our Lord through study of the scriptures, praying for and encouraging one another, and sharing one another's burdens.